Television, film and theatre actor Meghna Malik, best known for her spectacular performance as Ammaji in the tele-serial Na Aana Is Des Laado (2009-12), is a versatile actor who has successfully survived in the highly competitive entertainment world for nearly 20 years now. It was the portrayal of indomitable Ammaji of Laado that brought to this passionate artiste her long-overdue and much awaited popularity and recognition as an actor. She is an National School of Drama(NSD) alumnus (1997 batch) with specialization in acting and has also worked as a professional artiste in National School of Drama repertory company, Delhi, from 1997 to 1999. In 2000 she entered the big and totally strange city of Bombay as an alien and equipped with determination and perseverance, she quickly moved ahead in her journey as an actor . Meghna Malik is an avid traveller to foreign lands and loves to interact with new people and different cultures. She is also passionate about driving. She is a socially responsible person and willingly comes forward for a genuine charitable cause. The Election Commission of India has chosen her as icon for the state of Haryana in 2012.
Here’s is Quick Overview of her Past
- Laado fame ‘Amma Ji’, Meghna Malik, passed the Matriculation Examination from Holy Child School, Sonepat (Haryana) with distinction in 1987. She was elected School Captain and had also been the President of Old Students Association of the School.
- She did her secondary schooling from Moti Lal Nehru School of Sports, Rai, Sonepat, Haryana (1989) and was sent to England on a cultural-cum-exchange Programme by the school. She represented Haryana State in the All India Cultural Programme held at Kamani Auditorium, New Delhi and was declared the Best Child Artist.
- Graduated from M.D. University, Rohtak (1990-1992) and won gold medal for standing first in the University as well as a gold medal in mono-acting and dancing in the Youth Festivals organized by the University.
- She did a post-graduation in English Literature from Kurukshetra University (1993-94) and won gold medal in Volley Ball. As a student of the University, she participated in the All India Competition held at Pathankot and won the Best Actress Award.
- Graduated from of the National School of Drama (1995-97), one of the premier institutes of Asia for training in Theatre.
- After getting trained from the National School of Drama, she started her acting career as a professional artist with National School of Drama repertory company, New Delhi (1997-99).
- In 2000 she came to Bombay for a full fledged professional career.
- The Election Commission of India has chosen her as icon for the state of Haryana in 2012.